New Hope is excited to announce we're planting a new church here in Manhattan, KS! The new church will be led by our own Ben Deaver and Dave Geldart and will be launching out on Sunday evenings beginning April 8, 2018. This page will serve as a landing spot for all info, updates, communication, and fundraising. So check back often!
Vision Gathering #1
Our first Church Plant Vision Gathering was Sunday, January 7, 2018! During this time we shared lots about the new church, including the name! Check out the audio and video of that gathering right here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Ben Deaver recently wrote a FAQ article for our New Hope Newsletter: "NH Church Plant 2018: A FAQ Page". It answers many frequently asked questions on topics ranging from church name, leadership, theology, rationale, and how you can be involved. [read more]
New Hope has set up a tax-deductible “Church Plant FUND” that anyone can give to in order to financially support this new work. There are two easy ways to give! First, you can donate right now online at newhopeks.org -- make sure to choose the "Church Plant FUND" under the "Apply my gift to:" section. Secondly, you can donate via checks made to New Hope Church with Church Plant in the memo. Feel free to drop these in the offering baskets on Sundays or mail them to "New Hope Church, 1300 Fremont St., Manhattan, KS 66502." Any who are strongly considering being a part of the launch team is encouraged to begin giving their regular church donations to the Church Plant FUND in January 2018. Any who will most likely stay at New Hope Church are encouraged to give generously to the Church Plant FUND above and beyond their normal giving to New Hope. Those outside of New Hope can give to this endeavor at any time! Who knows? Perhaps some would want to give an end of year gift to help fund this spring church plant. Lord willing, this church plant will become self-sustaining quickly.
- Church Plant Prayer - We meet weekly on Wednesdays 12-1pm at the Deaver's house (1230 Houston St.) for an open time of prayer for God's work through this church plant and in our city. Join us! Note: we will not meet December 27, 2017.
- Vision Gatherings - We'll be meeting for monthly Church Plant Vision Gatherings on the Sunday evenings of January 7, February 11, and March 4. Open to anyone interested in hearing more about the plant. Our first Vision Gathering will be 5-6:15pm the evening of January 7, 2018 at Flint Hills Christian School (3905 Green Valley Road). Join us!
- NH Church Plant 2018: A FAQ Page by Ben Deaver
- New Hope Church Plant Fundraising Letter by Ben Deaver
- Rest Through Risk by Dave Geldart
- Why Plant Churches? by Dr. Timothy Keller
Connect with Us
We'd love to chat with you about this church plant! Whether you'd like to get involved, have questions, or would just like to hear more about what's on our hearts, we'd be delighted to talk. So please feel free to contact us. We'd love to sit down with you in person or correspond via phone or email.