This thrid message of the mini-series on Spiritual Warfare looks at the Word of God, the Sword of the Spirit, and how it helps us fight against the temptations and lies of the Devil. Without a vital, vibrant, and deep knowledge of and life in the Scriptures, we will be utterly defenseless against spiritual attacks. Accordingly, believers are to "get a grip" on their Sword.
This recoring begins with ~4:15 of welcome and announcements by Lizy Johnson.
Resources Referenced in this Talk:
New Hope Sermons:
- Should Have Seen It Coming [Luke 19:28-46; Daniel 9] by Ben Deaver
- The Best Kept Secret of All Time [Mark 15:33-39] by Ben Deaver
- The Mystery [Ephesians 3:1-10] by Ben Deaver
- Embracing Accusation by Shane & Shane
- Take Back song by Will Reagan & United Pursuit
- A Mighty Fortress is Our God by Martin Luther
Bible Reading Plans:
- HeReadsTruth.com, SheReadsTruth.com, YouVersion.com
- The Fellowship of St. James Daily Devotional Guide (fsj.org)
- For the Love of God (Volumes I and II) by D.A. Carson
- Feeding on God: Cultivating a Fruitful Life in the Word by Mike Bullmore
- Against the Flow: Nurturing the Inner Life in a Fast Paced World by Mike Bullmore