Hello church family!
Our team has met the last two weeks, and we've shared with each other our initial thoughts after reviewing the first wave of candidates. Here is where we are currently at:
- We currently have narrowed down 82 applicants to 8, and we have 20 more to review. Honestly, this process has been difficult for me at times. How can we really know who these people are and who is a good fit for our church body here? God has over and over again reminded me of how many people are praying that He would lead us, and that brings me comfort. I can trust that He is opening and shutting the right doors for us. Please keep praying!
- "Lord, I know that people's lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps." ~Jeremiah 10:23
- "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." ~Proverbs 19:21
- We plan to begin interviews in June, and will continue accepting applications until we hire a new pastor, so it is never too late to spread the word about our opening.
- We are also currently discussing what we'd like the role of the pastor's wife to be, and also what personality assessment we'll be using with our last few candidates.
- Also, I wanted to invite you again to fast with us during lunch on Wednesdays. This has been challenging for me, personally, but such a good reminder to pray and understand my great dependence on Him. For more information about this fast, including a prayer guide, click here: Pastor Search Team: Call to Fasting and Prayer.
Thank you for joining in this with us!
~ Erika Sapp
If you have questions for the Pastor Search Team, please contact Team leader and Elder, Tony Classen.