Hello New Hope!
Thank you for continuing to pray with us and for us as we search for our next Lead Pastor. It is such an encouragement to us to know that you are joining with us in the process through your prayers!
- We are in the midst of a several week break from meetings. We have been communicating by e-mail to work on details regarding upcoming interviews.
- Sunday, June 14, is our next PST meeting. We will fine tune our Skype interview questions and agenda at that time.
- Saturday, June 20, we will interview 4 candidates by Skype. We will interview 1 other candidate on a different date (arrangements are pending). We hope to narrow down the number of candidates following the Skype interviews, in preparation for in person interviews.
- Rest and confidence in God for the team, elders, staff and church
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7
"And this is the confidence we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. I John 5:14-15
"...so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." I Cor. 2:5
- God's wisdom as we finalize plans for June 20 and interview candidates
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Prov. 3:5&6
"The Lord does not look at the things that people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." I Samuel 16:7
"...asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding," Col. 1:9b
- Unity among the team and church as we move forward
"Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Cor. 13:11
Thank you New Hope! As always, you are invited to join with us in fasting and praying during lunch time on Wednesdays. :)
The Pastor Search Team